Friday 15 April 2011

Diary entry on Tae Yul's life as a kamikaze.

Dear Diary,
                    Today, I packed my bag, bid farewell to my fellows in my unit and left for Japan. It was the first time on the open sea. I made friends with Han Joo, Kentaro. We then headed to our new camp, at the base called Kagohara. They gave us new uniforms too. We then had lessons in the Emperor’s words, working on airplanes which were my favourite, flight manuals, military operations and military history. We had to learn everything. In the afternoon, we had practical training. Flying at last! But it was in gliders. We waited for our turn. Finally, after waiting patiently, it was my turn. I could feel the urge wanting to get on it immediately tickling inside me. The instructor demonstrated to me first. I paid really close attention to him. After he had finished, it was my turn to operate it. The car gained speed. He yelled and I pushed the button to release the cable. It was slithering like a snake. I pushed the stick and pull it precisely. Within seconds, I was in the air! I have never felt so amazing in my entire life. I felt that my dreams had come true even though it was not an airplane. Our instructor said that we were fast learners and could fly more often.
                    Today was a great day. The sky is dark now and I am turning in soon. I will write more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment