Wednesday 13 April 2011

Tae Yul's diary entry on his life in the army (1)

Dear Diary,
                Everything happened so fast. One minute I was taken to the police station by these soldiers all of a sudden, the next minute I enlisted myself into the army. But I did this was to save Uncle, and not help the Japanese. I feel like we're all in a play. Everyone was acting; the police pretending to really want to help Uncle, and me, pretending to help the Japanese.
                The next day, I was waiting to board the train, to Seoul. I received a letter from Sun Hee before I left. There was a flower in it. Even though I crushed it and blew it away, I will always remember it in my heart. And all of a sudden, there I was. At the training camp outside Seoul.  

No comments:

Post a Comment