Thursday 14 April 2011

Diary entry on the quarrel between Uncle and Abuji

Dear diary,
      Sun-Hee and I heard today that Uncle wanted to expand his business to attract Japanese merchants. I know he would definitely benefit form this change as he would earn more money. In other words, become a Chin-il-pa who does anything and everything for the Japanese. However, I am not happy for Uncle, I am actually a little scared. There have been rumors that chin-il-pa get beaten up and even killed.
      It was really scary listening to Abuji and Uncle talking back at each other. I could really see that Abuji was disappointed with Uncle for wanting to concentrate more on his business rather than family. I hope that Uncle will not leave our family for his business and take Abuji’s advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment